Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday August 8, 2011 Assignment


Titles of articles:    
“Share Moments, Share Life”: The Domestic Photograph as a Symbol of Disruption and Trauma in The Lovely Bones.
ALICE SEBOLD'S NEW CAUSE.
Profile: Alice Sebold's new novel "The Lovely Bones"
   
Today's trip to the library:
I learned that this library is a landmark and has been around for 104 years which I found pretty interesting. Also the library is making a third floor to what it already has specifically for young adults which I find very convenient since I will be going to that library. The library had its own data base that helped us find information about our topics. I looked under the ebsco host to find my novel I was researching as well as for the author. It gave me a lot of different searches but I learned that if I'm not specific about what I'm looking for it could take me somewhere else.

Something interesting I found in the first article is that they say " photographs stand in for the dead and become a metaphor for the living traumatized family". I had not thought about this when I had read the book even though I read it more then once. Something I learned was that the author, Alice Sebold, came up with her ideas to write the novel from The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children because she wanted to help. she had spent five years writing the book and during the time the book came out there had been many cases where young girls had been kidnapped, raped, and murdered. I liked the fact that she was able to get across the readers by writing a horrific but great novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment