Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday August 2, 2011 Assignment

CCNY closest library branch:
Hamilton Grange
503 West 145th Street
New York, NY 10031-5101

My closest library branch:
New Utrecht Library
1743 86th St. at Bay 17th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11214

Topic for my final research:
I want to write my critical review about The Lovely Bones. I am not sure yet if I want to base it on the book or the movie. I choose this because it’s a mystery and it interested me because it was trying to solve who murdered a girl.

Response to “The Machine is Us/ing Us”:
The message I got out of this video was that a few words written on paper can do so much more then when written digitally. It can make the words become designs on computers.  He talks about how the revolution occurred from printed text such as journals and newspapers that couldn’t be changed to web design such as html where the formatted words were flexible. For example in html the <i> meant italics but in xml format the same <i> could mean something else. Also the ideas are now shared fasted because of links that make a user be able to click on it and transfer to another web page.  Therefore the ideas are shared and connected as oppose to having newspapers where once written it stays like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment